Emotion is a powerful multimedia player specially developed for AmigaOS 4.x. The easy-to-use interface, deliberate limitation to required basic functions, as well as optimization on operating system functions, makes Emotion to a software that integrates perfectly into the current AmigaOS.
The use of FFMpeg as subsystem for video and audio decoding (through AmigaOS specific shared libraries) allows emotion to access proven and powerful technologies in the background. Due to the Reaction based interface in combination with optimized operating system functions and FFMpeg as a decoder, Emotion understands itself as its own interpretation of a multimedia player which is not just a port of existing open source projects but tries to connect tried and tested technologies with the ecosystem of AmigaOS.
Emotion looks like an AmigaOS software, works like a … it’s an AmigaOS software!
– Compositing based video scaling on RadeonHD graphics cards
– YUV video acceleration (RadeonHD 2.0)
– Video overlay (PIP) on Radeon 9xxx graphics cards
– Software rendering, on classic Amiga and emulation
– Supports local video files and web streams
– Fullscreen, window und borderless mode
– recent list, for reopen media files
– Supports video subtitles and multiple audio tracks
– Optimization for Altivec
– Enable / disable video filters (on compositing based graphics cards)
– FFMpeg based video decoding, optimized for the most used codecs
– easy-to-use Reaction based GUI, AISS Icons, AmigaOS 4.1 F.E. context menu
– Conscious focus on basic functions and optimization for AmigaOS
– ARexx port
– Manual and automatic Frameskip
– Amiga or compatible Computer with AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition (Update 1 recommended)
– Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9xxx, ATI RadeonHD (RadeonHD Driver V2.0 recommended)
– Executable in software mode also without Radeon Karte (classic or Emulation)
Before buying, please test the demoversion extensively!
Newest Update : EmotionUpdate1.9
For purchasing, use this PayPal Link or send 25 Euro to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Fullversion as digital download will is available on amiga-shop.net (Alinea Computer) and AmiStore (A-Eon)
Legal and additional information:
The FFMpeg libraries used in Emotion are AmigaOS shared libraries, which are divided into individual parts based on the official FFMpeg library in order to allow a smaller file size and greater flexibility in further use in other software projects. The FFMpeg libraries, including source code, are made available for further use on various platforms.
License type for FFMpeg and libraries: LGPL3 (Source download: sourceforge.net )
Emotion itself is distributed commercially, a publication of the source code is not provided.
If you have any problems or questions, please send us an Email!
EntwicklerX are also active in all usual forums around the Amiga / AmigaOS. For problems and questions, please also use the official contributions that are available to the entire Amiga community (see: os4welt.de, amigaworld.net, amigans.net, a1k.org)